Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Lest Reliable cars of 2013 (Consumer Reports)

Unfortunately for Ford this list does not help them. Out of the top ten, five are made by Ford Motor Company. But then Volkswagen, which is also in Consumer Reports top 10 most reliable car companies, is also on this list. However, people love hatters, so I will not talk about how one bad apple does not always spoil the batch, but instead, how one bad apple means that every apple to come from that tree will be bad, always.

If a company like Toyota had five cars on this list instead of Ford, I would probably be defending them or not even talking about this article. So, I will do my best to be fare and non bias.

Coming in third place is the Mini Cooper Countryman. I honestly do not know what to think about the Countryman, so I do not know if I care or not that it is on this list. It counteracts the name "Mini" by being 14.5 inches longer then the Cooper. If this was the rally version I would be mad that it is on this list, but since it is not I can care less.

In second place is the Ford Escape (1.6L Ecoboost). I feel the same way about the Escape as I do about the Countryman. I think that compact SUV are the best cross of utility and a family sedan, so if a family car is not reliable, according to Consumer Reports, then it is not a good family car. You don't want to have to be worried about breaking down on a road trip with small kids in the back of the car in the middle of Nevada. I, however, have never been drawn towards the Escape, so since it is on this list then thats fine by me.

In first place on the list, is the Ford C-MAX Energi (Plug-in Hybrid). I have actually driven the non plug-in version (#4 on the list), unlike most of the cars I review, and its different then any thing I have driven. I cant say if I like it better then the Toyota Prius, which is the C-MAX's biggest rival, because I have never driven a Prius. I think that it is "funny" that Ford has other hybrids then the C-MAX, but both the C-MAX versions are on the list of least reliable cars even though the other ones are not.

However, since we are humans, not every thing we do the first time is perfect. So, when a list like this comes out, it can only make cars better, because it tells the companies that that car is needs to be improved, and not something that is already perfected.

Ford C-MAX Energi

Ford Escape

Mini Cooper Countryman


1 comment:

  1. I like your optimistic ending. Don't buy me any of these cars.

    ReplyDelete